Friday, June 19, 2009

Names

Just like most things that I start, I stumble at the very beginning. What to name the blog? What to name my ETSY shop, or jewelry business? I end up often dissatisfied with what I picked.

I want to get so much out of the name, squeezing it for all it's worth, because these names are what stick in peoples heads (or not stick in their heads). These names are how people can find my shop again and they are not to be changed frivilously. Trouble is I don't know how to identify myself so in the end I am not pleased with the results.

My email address is based on a name I wanted to use 4 years ago. My Etsy shop was picked to be catchy and easily remembered. My Blog name describes me the best at the present moment:)

I wish I could design a name incorporating all the elements that I love, texture, balance, mystery and surprise.

Only recently have I even been able to make a definitive statement of what I love in design.

The title of this Blog may well soon drop off as only another old version of myself that has been replaced by new growth. But this yet remains to be seen:)

Not having a well defined name make me feel like Im not quite dressed and ready to recieve company.

No comments:

Post a Comment