Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blood Wire

I try not to whine on my blog...but...this wire business is just so hard, frustrating, and often disappointing. I thought if I just applied myself hard enough and practiced enough I would see results...if I just didn't give up...

But... I have again a string of failures on my desk, everything I have set my hand to has failed on me, and what makes it even more disappointing is that I don't even know what I did wrong, so I have no hope how to proceed towards improvement:(

I was in quite a state this morning, because too many trials can cause alot of doubt in my mind as to whether I am cut out for this? Maybe I don't have what it takes? Seriously why put so much effort into something - if your just not gifted at it?


Anyways I prayed and asked Jesus for help. And asked Him what I ought to work on next, if at all. Than I got up and played around with a Lynne Merchant style wire bead I sometimes practice making on and off. Not really expecting any results, and wondering why I should choose such a doomed project when I was already at my wits end.... and it WORKED!! I actually cried when I saw that it came out well!!

These babies are going to stay with me. This wire bead is the main reason I ever wanted to wire wrap in the first place. The rubies remind me of all the blood that I put into this wire, and Jesus blood shed for me.





3 comments:

  1. AMAZING. I hope you make more of these... because not only are they BEAUTIFUL, but they can serve as a reminder that God stoops to help us and encourage us in very real, personal ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have doubts about yourself?? Whether you are cut out for this wire work? Mary...if you are not, I don't know who is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swati, Good to see you active again! I hope this means your health has improved;)
    Thank you for your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete