Monday, March 29, 2010

Harvest Moon

I'm having a hard time finding much time for jewelry right now:( I get distracted when the chore list gets too long and seemingly out of control.

I have gotten some paper work done and a few home repairs struck off the list. But, you don't want to see pictures of that do you? ;)

On Sunday I was able to focus long enough to make two moons. I really enjoy the moon design series and feel a strong sense of connection to them while I work.

For months now I have attempted to come up with a mix of brass and sterling that I hoped would give a look of 'old world' to a design. I've tried different sorts of finishes and have been unhappy with results so far. This brass and sterling moon brooch seems to have finally gotten the finish results I was wanting. I'm not sure I like it enough to do a whole series with this look, but I would like to see it again with some amethyst in the mix.

Since I've been listening to Neil Young in my car this week, I titled the brooch "Harvest Moon".



This little pendant just whipped itself up in a breeze. I was really happy that it looks so unique and intricate for such a simple project.

1 comment:

  1. I love the brooch! I think the metals are mixed in perfect proportion.

    ReplyDelete